Saturday, February 18, 2017

Vessels

2/17/17 Kev writes, I type...

It gets really hard to find true moments of peace behind these walls. My favorite time of day in here comes late at night mostly. When everyone is sleeping there is silence...there is peace...I am able to focus my thoughts and listen to that voice inside me that gives me clear guidance.
 The conversations we have with ourselves tend to be the conversations we share with God. After all, we are the vessels He lives through. We all have different conceptions of God but the truth is all human beings want to believe in something greater than themselves. Our relationship with that life force is what gives us purpose. We shine the brightest when we represent how close we are to that spiritual being that lives through us all....we become empty vessels when we choose to turn from what we feel inside us. 
I may be in this physical prison right now. but believe it or not, this is the most free I've ever felt in my life.  I have been able to find true happiness in so many little things lately. I choose to feed my relationship with the God of my understanding by appreciating what I have and through being in service to others.
Sometimes we have to learn to distance ourselves from those outside forces that corrupt our happiness. Just because there is a storm raging outside does not mean we have to stand in it. When we make ourselves stronger...We become a shelter for others to find safety through...

Today's positive affirmation:  I will only choose to stand in the light of understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment