Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Journey Is Happiness

On 3/16/17 Kev writes, I type....

Most of us spend our entire lives trying to find happiness. We see happiness as some type of destination, or a fixed point in time where all of our fears, anxieties, and problems dissipate. I've come to find out that it's not the destination but the journey getting there that makes me truly happy.
I've made plenty of mistakes, but I believe that this particular journey has allowed me to truly find myself as a man. I don't think I have ever been able to know myself like I do right now in my life. My journey has been about learning to accept myself.
There can be so much unnecessary space filled inside our minds by things we don't need..sometimes we just have to take out the trash. By clearing the wreckage inside myself I've gathered the strength to build a better me.
Our journey should never be about finding something to make us happy , our journey should be about happiness itself. What should truly make us happy is being ourselves. I feel the world around us is always trying to mold us into what it wants us to be and who it thinks we should be. I think it's more interesting when we can learn to follow what's inside of us, rather than what around us. The journey to happiness is happiness itself.
We can find more smiles in our mirror by learning to accept who we are. Make your journey worthwhile every day by just being you. We must realize after all that we only have this day. Tomorrow is never guaranteed and nothing stays the same.
Find your happiness in each moment, minute and second. Let your heart guide you to your smile and you will always be truly and utterly happy.

Today's positive affirmation: I will let my heart let me guide me to my smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment