Sunday, April 2, 2017

The Chase

On 3/23/17 Kev writes, I type...

The roadways to our success lie in the palm of our hands. We have the power to create the life we want for ourselves...our dreams are only imagined ideas until we begin to take action...Our actions and the way we choose to live our lives on a daily basis are the outward expression of how we feel inside. The way we conduct ourselves in society usually represents how we feel about ourselves..I know this to be true from personal experience...
I used to believe that my drug use was my only real problem...I thought that if I just stopped using everything else would be perfect, but what I did not realize was that my drug use was just a symptom of the real problem..Me. Every single time I allowed myself to use drugs was a demonstration of how I truly felt about who I was....I did not know myself anymore... I was never able to find happiness within myself, and I used toxic relationships and drugs as a way to fill the void I had created inside. It was not until I became incarcerated for the second time in five years that I came to realize a different truth.
That truth was that I needed to accept myself and learn to live my life one moment at a time.. If I allowed myself to be stuck in the past or get too caught up in the future...I would never truly learn to live. We chase tomorrow , but forget that the tomorrow we chase is only possible if we take care of today. Human nature is about learning to live for each other by first learning to live with ourselves...

Today's positive affirmation: I will live in each moment with acceptance and the determination to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment