Thursday, July 20, 2017

Life Support

On 7/8/17 Kev writes, I type:

We all need assurance in our lives. When you were a child, there was no greater sense of worth that you could feel that would take the place of having the support of those around you. Even when they did not fully agree with certain choices you made, but were able to find comfort in the fact that you were happy...it made you feel more confident in the way you carried yourself and lived your life. It is important for us to first be able to support our own decisions...we must be able to wholeheartedly believe in what we want for ourselves, and understand that no matter what the rest of the world might think...we ourselves can accept what we are choosing to do in our life.
Family to be is not just defined by immediate blood-related family. Family to me is defined by the people in our lives who offer the positive support that helps guide us towards a better existence. They are there to hold you accountable for your actions, but never there to try and control the person you aim to be..their support should be guided by love. No one should ever want to pull the plug on your life support if you are truly fighting for something, or believe that what you're doing is good for your own life.
I will always be here to offer those I love unconditional support by being there for them through any situation..but I will never offer support to someone I love if I believe that what they are doing will be a negative force in helping them achieve the best life possible for themselves..we all need the right life support to keep breathing that next breath, and to keep putting one foot in front of the other even when the world fights against us...

Today's Positive Affirmation: I will continue to fight for those who fight for me, and give my heart to those who truly know what it means to love and be loved bck.


No comments:

Post a Comment