Saturday, June 17, 2017

See Through My Eyes, And Take What you Need

On 5/27/17 Kev writes and I type:

I remember standing in the booking area of the Mahoning County jail almost two years ago. I was filthy, bloody and literally a bag of bones...I was disconnected from everything. For the second time in three years I had found my way to a place I thought i would never see again..
I remember a deputy standing behind me spraying me with some type of cleaner..I can only imagine how I must have smelled that day. I had been holed up in a vacant house that one of my drug dealers owned. Needless to say..there was no running water inside.
I told the deputy checking me in that I wished I was dead...I was promptly placed on suicide watch and put in a medical cell. I can remember every second of those first four days...
I look back now and even though I am still incarcerated..It's still hard to fathom who I was two years ago. Most people would cringe at the idea of sharing any of that being a part of their life but I've learned to accept my past , and I understand that I'm able to help addicts through sharing these sometimes negative experiences. If I can help another human being see clearly where they are heading on their self-destructive path and help them gain courage through my experience to find a better existence..all my suffering will be for a greater good in the end. If we can learn to be open and honest with ourselves, we gain the strength to move forward and in so doing we truly learn to live our lives through sharing them for the benefit of others...
This is my true purpose. See through my eyes, and take what you need...

Today's positive affirmation: I will have no fears and no walls hiding who I truly am...

No comments:

Post a Comment