Saturday, June 10, 2017

I Would Rather Be Naked Than invisible

On 5/26/17 Kev Writes, I Type:

Most of us spend our entire lives trying to run from who we truly are...we need to realize that the only opinion that matters is the one we have of ourselves.  Pointing fingers can feel like swords, but when we are able to accept who we truly are inside-we arm ourselves with a shield that is impervious against outside judgement.
I know what it feels like to be judged by people...as a recovering addict you end up dealing with the stigma associated with that label. On top of being a recovering addict, I also face the stigma with being labeled a convicted felon. What I understand now is that a label is only able to control us when we choose to believe that label defines us....If we end up believing in what others want us to think of ourselves, we end up trying to hide who we truly know ourselves to be...
Don't be afraid to show your scars. Vulnerability is really a beautiful thing. It allows people to relate with you. We should not fear being judged for what mistakes we have made in out lives. We should be able to understand that in order to overcome these setbacks, we must first be able to embrace them.
The rest of the world will appreciate someone who is able to grow from their mistakes more than the person who chooses to wallow in their own self-destruction.
I would rather be naked than invisible...I accept where I've been, and I realize that without those moments I may never have ended up discovering who I truly am inside.
So, here I am. You can choose to take me or leave me, just know that in the end I am completely OK with either/or. Don't be afraid of who you truly are. Our ability to share ourselves with the rest of humanity will always be our greatest weapon in changing the course of history...
Be proud not only your accomplishments...be proud of your failures as well because without them you would not be the person you are today...

Today's positive affirmation: I will not be afraid to shine, because I know that all light shines brighter in a little darkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment