Sunday, May 7, 2017

Damage Control

On 5/2/17 Kev writes, I type:

I believe we are all damaged in some way, shape or form-no matter how big or how small that scar may be. Suffering is a major part of life, and our very existence depends on our reactions towards the adversity we face. We cannot let the dents and bruises upon our spirit become a fatal malady that holds us back from living our lives to the fullest. Part of being alive is about learning how to stand back up when we fall down hard. If we choose the live life in resentment,,we may never escape those moments that attempt to hold us down.
When we get into a minor fender bender, we accept the situation, confront the other person, trade insurance information and attempt to find the best way to repair our damage. I feel this is very similar to how life works. We face experiences that may test our daily life.. we can either choose to accept each situation as it comes, and learn from that experience or we can allow ourselves to remain trapped in that one moment. When we allow our world to be dictated by the very things that destroy us from the inside, we end up not only hurting ourselves continuously but we end up hurting those that are close to us.
I've had to learn to accept myself in order to let go of my past. I've found that through practicing maintenance or as I like to call it "damage control" on a daily basis, I'm able to live life on life's terms and gain a more sincere insight into myself.  My heart, mind and soul are no longer trapped in separate cages and I've been able to find a new sense of freedom and growth through my own self examination. I'm able to accept myself and in return accept others for who they are...

Today's Positive Affirmation: "Love? What is it? Most natural painkiller there is. LOVE." ..William S Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment