Saturday, February 3, 2018

On 1/27/18 Kev writes and I type....

Dreams: From Cocoons To Butterflies

Change has been such a beautiful thing to embrace... This new year has brought new strength, new hope, and new life... I no longer feel like I'm crawling through life... My dreams have limitless potential, and I'm excited for what the future may bring... When I witness a butterfly flap it's wings so freely... I think about the process that was taken to reach that state of freedom... Through transformation and change emerges something more beautiful and free than before... I use this analogy to describe my own state of being... When we learn to accept ourselves instead of trying to escape ourselves - we end up finding who we truly are, and in return we learn to escape the confines of our own self made prisons... 
I am currently working on creating something that could truly help change the way we treat and manage the disease of addiction... Recovery is a gift worth sharing... When I started writing this blog my goal was to share each positive experience and insight that I've had throughout my own personal recovery... I wanted my words to reflect each of these moments... This blog is my mirror of positivity for each of you who read to find yourselves in... When we reflect something worthwhile in this world it creates a chain reaction... My dream is to create a place where recovering addicts can truly find themselves through the shared experiences of one another... Social media was initially created to help bring us all closer together through the sharing of our own personal experiences throughout life, but we have lost sight of that concept, and in return it seems to be dividing us... I plan on changing this by using the social media experience in a way that expands on one of the most important concepts found in traditional recovery groups - "The value of one addict helping another is without parallel, and we only keep what we have by giving it away." I'm looking for the right people to help me turn this vision into reality, and I'm lucky to have a mother willing to sacrifice her own time and energy in order to help me achieve this dream... I look forward towards the endless possibilities of a future more bright than I ever could have predicted...

Today's Positive Affirmation: Let my life be a beacon of hope guiding others towards a worthwhile existence...

No comments:

Post a Comment